(Prosperity, Book #1)
What rating would you give it?
5++++++++++++++++++++ of 5 Stars
What did you think of the book?
This was better than I could have imagined! I loved the consistent, snarky voice of characters, the diversity of the cast, the setting and world-building…ASDFGHJKL:LKJHGFDS I have only praise for this book. It goes right up there as one of my favorite books of the year!
I literally had moments of actual laughing out loud and scaring people around me. I’m not even joking here.
This novel is abso-friggin-lutely the best thing ever and you HAVE to read it if you’re into:
- Victorian-esque inspired alternative worlds!
- Ridiculously hot and snarky as ALL hell antihero!
- MAGNIFICENT WORLD-BUILDING *FOAMS…. AT…. MOUTH*
- Interlinking novellas/stories ALL WITHIN ONE NOVEL *THIS IS MY FAVOURITE THING THOUGH, HONEST*
- Did I forget to mention THE COVER ART?!?!? *PTERODACTYL SCREECHES BECAUSE HOMGGGG* I took one look at that cover and knew I wanted an ARC of this book and I WOULD HAVE IT IF IT WAS THE LAST THING I DID
- THE INSANELY IN CHARACTER, IN-VOICE NARRATION – which I know, for some people can be a problem. And truthfully, if the author doesn’t know what they’re doing accents can sound like complete nonsense or just come out wonky—EXCEPT THAT’S NOT THE CASE HERE. ALEXIS HALL RULES!!
- The style of storytelling, which I very much choose to read as a series of scenes that all worked together to create the bigger whole.
- Distinct voices of ALL the characters (not just the main one)
- RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!
- Lush, fully developed characters that I could BELIEVE. WHOLLY.
- The name PICCADILLY. Because, honestly, how can you not love someone with a name like that?
I recently got an ARC for Liberty and Other Stories which combines Books 2-4 and 6 together in a single volume. I cannot wait to see what shenanigans the characters will get up to in these stories to come… >)
Would you recommend this book?
Do you even have to ask???
Reviewed by AMS (amomentsilence)
|Publisher: Riptide Publishing
Publication Date: October 2014
Format: eBook, ARC
Genre: M/M Steampunk / SciFi, POC,
QUILTBAG / LGBTQUI, Victorian, Totally
in-character narration, fun fun FUN story!
|Age: Young Adult / Adult
Reviewer: AMS (amomentsilence)
Source: Provided by NetGalley
Challenge: 2014 Good Reads Reading Challenge (100)
Tagged: 2014 Good Reads Reading Challenge, 5 To Infinity Stars, Advanced Readers Copy, Alexis Hall, ARC, book, book review, book reviews, books, NetGalley, Prosperity, Prosperity series, read, reading, review, TBBR, The Beauty, Totally Biased Book Reviews