I was nominated by my friend Anastasia over at her blog, ReadAndSurvive! Thank you so very much for the award. 🙂 What an honor~~
Now, as you can see the original award was for entry into a Sisterhood.
Buuuuuuut–! Since I don’t identify as female 😀 – I’m more of a Mx. than a Ms. – I’ve changed the award to a more appropriate titling of “Sibterhood of the World Bloggers Award,” so as to include every gender where we might all be sibs together! :3
As such, I’m also not sticking to female–only nominees. REJOICE!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Answer the ten questions they’ve sent you
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate ten people
My answers to Anastasia’s questions:
1. If you were a character in a book, what kind of a book would it be? Who are you? How would the book end?
Ohh… a complex question. Well, let’s see. The short answer is, I would be the enigma, the unknown; either finding myself in the role of anti-hero, villain, or rogue who is constantly ridiculed, outcast, or underestimated in a speculative fiction/dark fantasy book.
Whether I was protag or antagonist however, would depend solely on who’s telling the story. If it were told by myself or others like me, then I…we would be the protagonists – most assuredly, (because we would get to tell our side of the story, and not have it told for us by those would do not understand). We would still be rogues and cutthroats and honestly not give a fuck about what others thought of us or our actions, but it would be OUR story you would hear and not that of those who fight to oppress us, fear us, or fight to destroy us. Obviously, on that note, if anyone else (outside of us) told the story, we would undoubtedly be portrayed as the antagonists and villains, or at the very least the subject of much debate and controversy. The story would definitely take on a much different light depending on whose side is telling the tale.
One thing’s for certain: we would end up on top at the end. Either by getting away or actually winning the fight… we would survive and press on to another day. Whether anyone else likes it or not will once again depend on the narrator’s sway for, or against us.
2. Do you only read books or do you also read comics, manga, magazines, newspapers? Which ones?
I consider comics and manga to be books as well, thank you very much! XD
So obviously, yes, I read manga (and manhua and manhwa…), comics, webcomics, and magazines (although with mags, not so much recently…). If you want to know which ones I read, you can head on over to the listings for manga and for webcomics (that are constantly and possibly forever under construction) for an incomplete, work-in-progress record of which manga/comics/mags I read. There is no way I could list them all here. 8D
3. What was most memorable experience for you in 2014?
. . .
I would say… discovering NetGalley. XD Because… ya’know… there was a LOT of memorable things last year. Most of them NOT GOOD. So I’m gonna go with NetGalley, because that will always be a bright spot in my life. :3
4. What are your hobbies?
- Listening to music.
- Acquiring books (in any form, shape, or otherwise. Bonus points for any books I can get for cheap or free!)
- Creating and destroying worlds and characters in my head, and then writing them down. Sometimes.
- Writing, in general.
- Discovering new things (this is a pretty broad hobby because… well… it’s not subject to one thing only. Music, books, authors, facts, random facts, seemingly useless facts, theories, scientific discoveries, art, life hacks, programs and apps that help and assist productivity or entertainment, different cultures/peoples/customs, travel, astronomy… you name it, I probably find some portion of it interesting. I just like learning and finding new stuff, new information, the known and the unknown. It is a great passion of mine to simply learn and acquire more knowledge. I’m something of an epistemophile, although I’ve been told I may be more of philosophile – which I’m also quite fine with, btw.)
- Exploring new places (this doesn’t solely mean “to travel” either…).
- Creature concepts & world-building: both on paper in the written form, and in pencil & photoshop
- Watching other people play video games and commenting/making fun of everything that happens while loving every horrid minute of it.
5. What’s your favorite animal (mythological creatures are absolutely counted in)? Why?
Ugh. I hate these “favourite” questions since I always have too many. XD
UM. Okay. So for regular animals: Cats, Foxes, Owls, Bats, Crocodiles, Komodo Dragons, Sharks, Goats, Horses, Bearded Vultures, Hummingbirds… SO.MANY.OTHERS!!
As for mythological creatures… ughhhdhksajgdlg… there’s too maannyyyy!! @__@ Kitsune, Dragons, Hellhounds, Cerberus, Centaurs, Unicorns, Pegasus, Sphinx, Kelpie, Bakeneko, Nekomata, Mermaids… must I go on??
Now for the “why”… well… there’s either some aspect of their nature, personality, appearance, or innate purpose that I love. However I am, in no way, going to list those reasons now. I’d be here all week if I did.
6. What country are you from?
Born in the U.S. of A.
7. What do you want to do in 2015?
- Get a new job.
- Write a book (or two)
- Participate in several book challenges (Check my progress here)
- READ TONS OF BOOKS
- Get some of my unpublished works published
- Do at least one completely new thing
- Make a difference.
8. Your book boyfriends? Crushes? Why them?
Hmm, never really had book “boyfriends” or “girlfriends” or even crushes on any character. There are some I find incredibly delicious or perfect together, but… not with me. XD I did and do have favorite characters though, who I absolutely adore or simply root for no matter the situation (even if they seem unworthy of such devotion).
Some examples include: Arya, Tyrion, Jaime, Brienne, Daenerys, Varys (A Song of Ice and Fire series); Loki (from… mythology, Marvel, and I Bring The Fire series); Lestat de Lioncourt (The Vampire Chronicles); Tobias and Ax (Animorphs); Dai, Jaehee, Naru (Let Dai); Achilles, Patroclus (from mythology & The Song of Achilles); Cal, Lianvis, Seel (Wraeththu); Edmond Dantès (Count of Monte Cristo/Gankutsuou); and a bijillion others. XD
9. Do you have some songs you listen to when you read? What about songs that match that book?
Never listen to music while I read; only when I write (and even then… Sometimes I need utter silence). I do make FSTs and fanmixes pretty often, though. Always after the fact. 🙂
10. Who’s your favorite villain?
Again with these “favourite” questions!! DDDx *REFUSES TO ANSWER BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY I CAN ANSWER THIS PROPERLY*
My questions for you!
- Since I hate “favourite” questions, what genre or genres do you enjoy reading most? What draws you to those books?
- Do you normally pick up and read a title at random if it interests you, or does the book have to come with high recommendations, lots of reviews and high ratings, and/or award nominations/wins?
- Have entered any Book or Reading Challenges for 2015? If so, which ones?
- What movie and/or book are you most excited to see/read?
- Do you collect a certain kind(s) of book? If so, which ones?
- Give a guestimate. How many books do you think you own? (Printed books & E-Books included!)
- As readers, we all have TBR lists. How long is yours and do you think you will be able to whittle it down this year?
- How do you usually acquire the books you read: Bookstores, Online (Amazon, Book Depository, B&N, AbeBooks, etc.), Indie Marketplaces, Libraries, Used Bookstores, $1-5 Bins, Gifts from family and friends?
- Do you have an unusual reading habit? What is it and why do you do it?
- If the zombie apocalypse happened RIGHT NOW, which fictional book character would you want with you? Why, and would you both survive???
And finally… my nominees~
- Lola @ Hit Or Miss Books
- Cathy @ 746 Books
- Serith & Kaelin @ FabulousFictions (This counts as two!)
- Issac @ Ekostories
- Yvo @ It’s All About Books
- Luna @ Luna’s Little Library
- Stephanie @ Stephanie’s Book Reviews
- Eva @ The Paperback Princess
- John @ Write me a book, John!