Hey y’all~ I’ve got some fun things in store for you including a horror/spooky themed challenge for the month of October and a Bookish Secret Santa during December for any and all that would like to participate. 🙂 You can search the word about these events and post them on your own blogs if they interest you, just link back here so I can keep an eye who’s who and what’s what, if y’know what I mean. 😉
So. First Event!
October is the month of haunts, frights, thrills, and chills! It’s a time when everyone has a reason to act really dumb and scare the living daylights out of friends, family, and loved one alike. But it’s also the perfect opportunity (*EHEM* you mean excuse) to catch up on some ghastly reading of the disturbing and the macabre.
SO THE CHALLENGE IS THIS:
(We have two options for any and all participants)
Showcase a different book each day for the entire month of October. That’s 31 books in 31 days!
Can you do it?
You only need to showcase them, not review them if you don’t want to. Of course, if you HAVE read the book, a brief review or why you think it’s great (or not so great) would be most appreciated.
In your post, you need to have:
- Title, Author, Page Count, and a Synopsis or Description of the book
- Book Cover
- What caught your eye about the book — or if you read it — what you love/hate about it, a favourite passage or quote, something to lure readers in
- Why you think others should read it during the month of October
- OPTIONAL: Pair it with music or find some way to showcase some haunting tunes throughout the month. (I’m going to featuring my musical selection on the weekends and use the rest of the weekdays for showcasing books.)
Read and post a review of horror-esque, macabre, creepy, spooky books.
You can set any number goal you want, but the minimum is 5 (one book a week) and the max is 31 (one for every day). The books you review DO NOT have to be read during the month of October. You can start from now, or maybe re-read a book from years ago and review it. Whatever your fancy. Just make sure to indicate somewhere in your post that it was read/reviewed for this challenge.
OPTIONAL: As in the first option, you can pair these reviews with music or find some way to showcase some haunting tunes throughout the month. (As mentioned before, I’m going to be featuring my musical selection on the weekends and use the rest of the weekdays for showcasing books.)
ENTER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT
If either option for this challenge interests you, then please! By all means, sign up below with your name, the name of your blog, and a link to your entry into this challenge.
Okay. Now, For The Second Event!
A Holiday Celebration
[Image to be revealed three closer we get to December]
SECRET SANTA WINTER BOOK BASH 2015
December is all about the love of giving (or so I’m told). Either way, who doesn’t love gifts at any time of year, am I right or am I right? 😀
So I figure, hey why not? Let’s all be each other’s Secret Santa this year! Not everyone celebrates Christmas, and quite frankly, they’re a bi-trillion other winter festivals and celebrations that happen then, so we should be able to appease just about everyone one way or another. 😉 Just so long as they love books.
(And if you didn’t… then why are you here, anyway????)
This is how it’ll work:
- Make a short list of five books you absolutely want AND WHAT FORMAT YOU WANT THEM [ie: print books or ebooks (pdf, mobi, epub)] Make sure the books aren’t all $9,000 dollars or so rare that only the Pope could have access to them, okay?
- Pick a number between 0 and 100.
- Also, let me know if you would like to purchase a gift for more than one person. (This is completely voluntary, but super awesome if you choose to do so! :3)
- Post the list and your number along with all your contact details to THIS FORM.
- Check your email December 1st for further instructions.
- BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, DO NOT ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST IF YOU DO NOT PLAN TO BUY A BOOK FOR SOMEONE ELSE. That is not only unfair, but rude and will be dealt with swiftly as curse upon blasphemous curse shall fall upon you and yours and strike you down from the very EARTH! (…aka, just don’t be a fuckin’ dick, ok? Give a gift. Get a gift. Simple. Thanks~)
I’ll have more details as we approach December, and I’ll try to repost this information again and again through the month of October. DEADLINE FOR SIGNUPS IS OCTOBER 30th.
So far, I can tell you that in the email you will receive:
- The name of the person you will be gifting
- Their address (for print books) or email (for ebooks)
- Their wishlist (and what format they want the books in)
- If they want to be surprised with a choice of your own
And that’s that! Hopefully everything will go smoothly and we’ll be able to get some some wonderful gifts for each other. Let’s make the season merry and bright~
If you want to share the love about this event on twitter, hashtag: #SSWBB2015 and/or #SecretSantaWinterBookBash.