Hullo y’all! 🙂 So… I saw this over at
Feel free to grab it and post it on your blog as well. I’d love it if you’d link back or comment with a link to your post if you do decide to fill it out. I’m curious about what you’re answers will be. 😉
1. A Whole New World- What is your favorite newest fantasy series?
Huh. I guess I really haven’t been reading any series this year. Mostly sticking to oneshot, stand-alone books. I DID NOT REALIZE THIS. WHO’DA THUNK? But, uh… hmm… lesse… Probably Shuuten Unknown by Sugiura Shiho as the NEWEST fantasy series, and Sumeria’s Sons by Lexi Ander as the newest REPRINT fantasy series thus far. 🙂
2. Part of You World- What book world would you like to live in?
Well it’s more a universe as there are several books all tied into it, but… The Winter Haven Universe. It has books like The Fell/The Erl-King, Winter Haven Country Club, The Pact/Dunhaven, The Artifact, and so many others. So… yeeeahh.
The other book world I would most emphatically want to live in the Middle Earth universe from Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings series. That’s always been the dream. ❤
3. Let it Go- What book/series do you wish everyone would stop talking about?
Fifty Shades series. Just give it a rest people! It’s not even that interesting! Furthermore, WHHHHY is everyone going on and on about it as though it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread???
4. When You Wish Upon a Star- What book or series do you wish you could have more of?
AHAHA SO MANY! 😀 WELL, actually a few series I have wanted more of for AGES are actually getting more books published either this year or next, so I really have no complaints. xD Tis ALL good news. ❤ Some of them right off the top of my head are:
- Scarlet and the White Wolf series (BOOK 4 IS ALREADY ON PREORDER!!!!!)
- Splintered series (There’s going to be a fourth book, sorta… don’t know what to call Untamed. Coming out NEXT YEAR or possibly CHRISTMAS of THIS YEAR????)
- The Mermen of Ea (FINAL BOOK IN THE TRILOGY IS OUT AND THERE’S A POSSIBILITY FOR MORE???????? 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 )
On top of that, I started a new series earlier this year, which I was super pleased to here WAS a series (since I only read a short novelette and wasn’t sure if there was more). Love, love, LOVE this speculative fiction-fantasy series (The Three Lands).
Of course, there are some books I’ll always want (and not want) more of that will undoubtedly remain sequel-less.
- The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K Le Guin
- Let Dai series by Sooyeon Won
- The God Eaters by Jesse Hajicek
- Details of the Hunt by Laura Baumbach
- The Merro Tree by Katie Waitman
- The Elf and Shoemaker by M.L. Rhodes
- Psionic Frequency (duology, I guess??) by Lexi Andor
- One Thousand and One Nights series (I REALLY want more to that series. :<)
- And weirdly — CLAYMORE! I mean… that’s just one of those series that was NEVER SUPPOSED TO END. I’m horrified each month when I don’t get another chapter installment. It’s like I’m going insane.
5. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious- What is the longest book you have read?
And then I’ve read a lot of 800-rangers like A Game of Thrones, Dhalgren, Wraeththu, Dune, and so many others. I don’t think Moby Dick was longer than any of those though, but I did read that one too, and it was a doozy.
But yeah! I figure any of those might be among my top contenders. 🙂
6. Hakuna Matata- What book could you read over and over without a care in the world?
Hmm… that’s actually difficult to say. Maybe…. Always Masked by Megan Derr?? That’s another one I really, really, REALLY wish we had more books to. ://///
7. A Spoonful of Sugar- What couple has the sweetest relationship?
….aha…. yeah I’m not gonna touch that one with a ten-foot pole.
The main characters from 19 DAYS!! XDD They’re ridiculous and make me wish I had a friend that absurd just to make my days THAT MUCH MORE INTERESTING. Pfftt~
9. Zero to Hero- What character wasn’t expected to be a hero?
Uhh… I can’t think of any off the top of my head. (Also I generally don’t go into any book/series with expectations like that. It’s only when the author really throws something at us like turning a COMPLETE VILLAIN into a hero that I’m like, “Huh… well that was surprising/stupid/wtf.”)
10. You’ll Be in My Heart- What Character death made you cry the most?
I don’t cry over… well… anything. I mentally cry for them or something. And probably the one character I really went batshit crazy over when I was younger was Rachel from Animorphs and later on Three of Sorrow from The Wild Road. That shit was mad upsetting, BECAUSE I AM STILL UPSET ABOUT IT TO THIS DAY. 😦 😦 😦 😦 😦 😦 😦